We all know that all kids dread going back to school. Especially having to get up at the crack of dawn… And not to mention, you too. Waking up, waking the kids up, getting ready, packing their lunch, reminding the kids that they have to brush their teeth, etc. I mean the list goes on and on. Sometimes I get caught up with the things I have to get done, that sometimes I feel like I can’t get everything done.
Here are some tips that I do that help me get back into the school year schedule!
- Start your routine early. I know… you can’t help but to hit your snooze button once… or twice… or for the third time. I’ve been there. We all have, but trust me. If you start your morning routine early, you don’t feel rushed and you can make sure you have everything that you need for the day!
- Make a to-do list. In any particular order, but I like to do mine from urgent to not so urgent. Sometimes having a timer to do the not so important things can help as well. You’ll feel so. Much better once you tackled down those lists.
- Get ready the night before. Maybe go ahead and pick out your outfit the night before. Or go ahead and pack your lunch and just stick it in the refrigerator; this will help significantly in the mornings, too.
- Eat a good breakfast. I know you’ve heard it as a little kid, but it’s so true. Eating a healthy breakfast will help us focus and get all the things we need to get done, done.
- Plan your commute. Maybe this is a new job. Look up how long it takes you to get to your location and add 5-10 minutes to it. Traffic, wreck, constructions… We can’t control those things, but leaving a few minutes early won’t hurt.
- I don’t know about you, but first impressions are everything. That’s where we come into play. How are you going to pick out your outfit for the next day when all of them are in your dirty hamper? You can’t… But what you can do is to bring it to us and we’ll have it cleaned AND pressed. Wouldn’t that be nice?
Hopefully you’ll try these out, and if you have one that isn’t up here, share it with us so we can try as well!